- Business needs; then you may consider the features of each platform
- Business budget; then you may consider the costs of each platform
Features of Microsoft Dynamics vs Salesforce
SAAS or On-Premises
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Salesforce both present a cloud-based system, although due to on-premise feature of Microsoft CRM the hosting options may extend to hybrid mode as well.
Navigation, Menu and UI
- Both of these two CRMs have browser-based user interfaces with different navigation options; Salesforce provides links for users navigation and by clicking on which you can get access to different pages, and each link has a separate group for quick identification. On the other hand, Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM provides navigation options which are more like buttons than links, and also it has a search bar for more direct navigations, that in the field of functional design would make a slight superiority over Salesforce.
Component and Apps
- Both platforms offer their services in separate modules though called differently; “cloud” in salesforce and “application” in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Each module can be used separately according to the business need.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM offers 3 main applications that can have an optimum output in integration together:
- Customer Services
- Marketing; in this field, Microsoft entered a partnership with Adobe, for unifying the data, content, and processes and helping the businesses to tackle the issue of transformation and representing the best experiences according to customers’ expectations through all touchpoints and elevating their businesses eventually.
- Salesforce functionality is mostly based on four separate Salesforce products; the Salesforce Platform and three clouds:
- Sales Cloud
- Service Cloud
- Marketing Cloud
Ease of use
When it comes to the area of ease of use for non-technical users, they are going side by side. In some occasions, Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM has been perceived as an slightly easier solution to use. (Note: in platforms user training has been highly recommended).
- Comparing Microsoft Dynamics vs Salesforce, they both support integrations but their strengths lay on different areas. Salesforce caters many third-party integrations for businesses by hosting the AppExhcange which is a Salesforce store for offering the apps by 3rd party providers that can be integrated, but its connections to the Microsoft ecosystem are limited, while Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM integrates with almost all existing Microsoft applications, like Outlook, Excel and Power BI. LinkedIn lead generation channel also being added recently after acquisition by with Microsoft. So, if your business infrastructures are mostly allocated to Microsoft, consider the beneficial integrations with other Microsoft tools and products.
Review and user rating
- According to Software Advice’s website, Microsoft Dynamics 365’s overall rate is 4.3/5 in 4000+ reviews while the rating of Salesforce with 15,000+ reviews is 4.36/5. Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Salesforce’s specified ratings in the sections of functionality, and customer support are the same.
Target market and Market Share
- They can both be implemented for medium and large company size but not suite for small businesses. Generally, Salesforce has larger market share on CRM than any other CRM software due to its dedication on CRM software solutions.
Microsoft Dynamics vs Salesforce price comparison
- Both Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM have diverse plans for different company sizes. Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM’s initial implementation prices in different plans are higher than Salesforce, though the sub-sequential prices per user per month are drastically lower.
- The downside with the Salesforce lower-cost licensing is that the customizations are limited and can’t reach the extent of the higher-priced features. On the other hand, while the companies are going to scale up, the prices’ growth is comparable and more competitive; since the most expensive service of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM which provides the highest level of customization and flexibility is cheaper than the Salesforce’s.
- And also, there is an additional cost for licensing more features according to the intended solutions for the companies for Salesforce. While with Microsoft licensing you would pay the confirmed fee for your first application purchase for the user, you can also get the subsequent apps with a hugely discounted price for that user.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM and Salesforce’s prices which are mentioned below have been taken from the main websites of Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce.
For further information regarding the prices, you can confer to the main websites of Microsoft and Salesforce via below links:
Conclusion on Salesforce vs Dynamics 365 CRM
In conclusion, as we compare Microsoft Dynamics vs salesforce, we realize that they perform many services in partly the same way, both offer adequate solutions for promoting efficiency of businesses in different aspects. Therefore, the only differentiation factor is the buyer’s need and budget. Thanks to free trial offered by both platforms, the final decision can be made after evaluating both Microsoft Dynamics vs Salesforce through experience.
In 365 Digital Consulting, our Dynamics 365 experts will help you to implement the best from your Dynamics 365 CRM by customizing your system based on your sales process. Moreover, 365 Digital consulting can assist you for migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365 CRM and integrating with other software you use in your company.