Power BI Dashboard on iAuditor
Custom iAuditor Power BI dashboards help clients to meet all their needs such as checking the KPI of their drivers and vehicles, visual reports with providing them easy-to-useiAuditor app reporting tools
The Client Company
Jetpets was founded in 1991 and it is safely and comfortably transporting thousands of pets around the globe every year. With a team of expert Pet Travel Consultants, Pet Handlers and Vets to make this possible, Jetpets has investments in a custom-built road transport fleet, modern, comfortable transit lounges and qualified staff in areas of pet care and veterinary science. Built on a company culture based around pet loving, professional and friendly customer service, Jetpets is widely regarded as Australia’s trusted pet travel experts.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) awarded Jetpets with the CEIV Live Animals Certification following the successful completion of the training and validation of its processes at its headquarters in Melbourne in November. They were using iAuditor by Safety Culture for inspection checklist forms for their drivers and pet handlers, however they didn’t have enough visibility on their data through that platform reports. 365 Digital Consulting helped the Company to have a customised Power BI dashboard on iAuditor platform used by them.
Pet travel industry
Power BI Dashboard
What were the challenges?
Gathering data, analysing it, and gaining actionable insights is a real challenge for many businesses. However, it is also one of the most important areas and can make a real difference to how a business can move the entire organisation forward. Without this in-depth information, how one is able to remain competitive within their industry’s marketplace?
Each day, Jetpets was generating a huge amount of data in various systems and platforms of iAuditor. But, they were not gaining insights from this data and it was not helping them make more informed decisions due to having 30 GB load of data on their established dashboard. The consequence of having duplicate data entry resulted in:
- Loading speed was so slow
- Constantly facing errors due to some changes done on the dashboard
- Having invalid data and report of their business
What solutions did we provide for Jetpets?
We, at 365 Digital Consulting, helped the client to have a Microsoft Power BI customised dashboard on iAuditor software apps with visual, easy-to-read graphs and charts, allowing them to drill down and gain valuable insights.
After accomplishing two phases of the project, we designed a new dashboard, turning the heavy data load of 30 GB to 10 MB.
First phase included designing of 4 dashboards. Due to the fact that there were some drivers and they should do a series of checklists for themselves and for their vehicles, the designed dashboards were related to these basic requirement of the client.
- They have several vehicles, each of them has to do a weekly checklist once a week; hence 4 times a month. The designed dashboard helps them to filter the data based on car Rego number and branch name to check whether each car has achieved its monthly inspection KPI.
- The same happens for the checklist related to weekly sanitization of cars, showing completed and uncompleted number of cars and the total KPI.
- Drivers have another goal, for example each driver has to show up 25 times in a month and they have to fill a checklist each time they are there. They have to declare that they have the car and everything seemed fine. The related report shows the number of times each driver has filled the form
- There is a form that each pet handler should fill each time they receive a pet.
- Moreover, all pet handlers should attend a mandatory training course. In the related dashboard they can filter on each pet handler’s name to see whether he/she has completed their courses or not, and how many times each of them missed the classes/courses.
What were the final results of having Power BI dashboard on iAuditor?
- No memory and speed constraints: Using enough relations on the report backend eliminated memory and speed constraints ensuring data was quickly retrievable and analysed (less than 10 Mb compared to previous load of 30 Gb)
- Seamless integration with the existing iAuditor platform as well as Microsoft SharePoint Online allowing the client to adopt analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Extracting business intelligence rapidly and accurately: It helped in transforming the client’s enterprise data into rich visuals, thus extracting business intelligence for enhanced decision making.
- Publish reports securely: The customised dashboard helped the client to setup automatic data refresh and publish reports allowing all the users to avail the latest information. (The data refresh can be scheduled daily or even hourly)